Required for September 2018
Early Years/KS1 Teacher
Our unique, village infant school requires an enthusiastic, caring and committed teacher to be an integral part of our small, committed and effective staff team.
The successful candidate will need:
- The ability to teach across all areas of the new primary curriculum
- To plan, prepare and present engaging lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class
- To create a highly stimulating classroom environment for the pupils in their care
- To take responsibility for the progress of the children in his/her class with the ability to reflect on data and plan appropriate intervention with the support of our Inclusion Leader
- To develop excellent behaviours for learning within the pupils in his/her care
- To provide high quality marking and feedback which enables all pupils to understand their next steps
- To demonstrate an instinctive awareness of children’s wellbeing
- To be a highly effective communicator with pupils and their parents
- To keep up to date with the changes and developments in education
- To be adept in the use of ICT both as a communication and learning resource
We can offer you:
- Delightful, well behaved children who are highly motivated to learn
- Small class sizes
- A unique and historic setting
- Commitment to your professional development
- Excellent career development opportunities working with experienced Senior Leaders who have held a range of previous leadership positions in a number of schools
Please note that this post will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks as our school community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in our care.
How to apply
Please contact the PA to the Headteacher, Mrs Elizabeth Howard, for a job description and application form.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Tel: 01494 837267
Address: Oxford Street, Lee Common, Great Missenden, Bucks, HP16 9JH
Headteacher: Mr J Edwards